Feature Article criteria
An Article Must
- Be well-written and detailed.
- Be sourced with all available sources and appearances.
- Not be the object of any ongoing edit wars.
- Follow the Manual of Style
- Not be tagged with any improvement or protection tags (Stub, Redlink, etc.)
Nominating a Feature Article
- Before nominating, be sure to read the article completely, keeping a sharp eye out for mistakes.
- Compare the nominated articles to the criteria listed above.
- Then, if it conforms to the above criteria add it to the Ditto Town Wiki:Feature Article nominations page under whichever date you wish to nominate it for.
Feature Article policy nominations and voting
Feature Articles are added to the main page on the first day of each given month, the Feature Article will be changed any time on the first day of the month.
- Nominate and vote for Feature Article here: Ditto Town Wiki:Feature Article nominations
Please note any users who alter the Feature Article and who do not follow the nominate and vote policy will have their additions removed from the main page. (Actions following that to be determined)
A user may only vote for one Feature Article each month. (No multiple votes for Feature Article)
There should be no more than 10 Feature Articles nominated in each month (as this would probably result in a hung nomination).
A user may nominate more than one Feature Article in a month, however they may still only vote for one Feature Article.
- A user may vote for their own nominated article, but they may only vote once in each month.
In the event of a tie in the voting, the Feature Article submitted last in the tie becomes Feature Article for that given month.
Posting the Feature Article
When posting a Feature Article to the main page a short summary will be created to summarize the Feature Article in order to lead readers to the full article. The previous Feature Article will be added to the 'Previously Featured Article' list on the main page. There should only be 5 or 6 previously featured articles listed here.
Feature Article rejection
In the event that a Feature Article is nominated, voted for and succeeds in the vote that does not conform to the Feature Article Criteria, it will be rejected, pending a clear-up to satisfy the Feature Article Criteria. It may then be posted as the Feature Article for the month it had been succeed in being nominated for.